There is no question that LinkedIn has revolutionized the way we connect professionally.
LinkedIn is among the best platforms to build your brand and grow your network.
With over 800 million users, it’s a platform where professionals can showcase their skills, connect with different people, and discover new opportunities.
As a result, effectively managing your LinkedIn connections is key to realizing the platform’s full potential.
LinkedIn notifications can be easily overlooked, but careful review is critical to avoid missing valuable networking opportunities.
By staying alert and monitoring your invitations proactively, you can unlock the full potential of this platform.
You’ll be able to expand your reach, build strong connections, and achieve your professional goals.
In this guide, we’ll cover the following:
- How to view pending connections in LinkedIn on a PC
- How to view pending connections in the LinkedIn iPhone App
- How to view pending connections in the LinkedIn Android App
Let’s dive deeper and take your LinkedIn Networking to the next level with every opportunity that comes your way with LinkedIn notifications!
Understanding Pending Connections on LinkedIn
To network effectively on LinkedIn, you need to understand the importance of Pending Connections.
Pending connections refer to requests that have been sent but not yet accepted, whether they are invitations you have sent or received on your LinkedIn profile.
To build a successful network, keeping track of these pending connections is critical in several ways:
- It builds your network: Every connection can open doors to new opportunities, insights, and collaborations.
- It maintains a professional image: Responding to connection requests promptly reflects your professionalism.
- It’s strategic networking: Selectively accepting requests can help you build a more meaningful and relevant network.
How to View Pending Connections on LinkedIn on a PC
The LinkedIn desktop interface offers a user-friendly experience for managing your connections.
Here’s how to navigate it:
1. Click “My Network” to see your pending requests.
Here, you can find the list of all your pending connections.
2. Open the Invitation Management page by clicking “See all”.
3. By default, you’ll be taken to the “Received” section, where you’ll see a list of the invitations you’ve received.
4. Then, see the list of people you have sent a connection request by clicking “Sent”.
If you’re trying to connect with a specific prospect on LinkedIn and they haven’t responded to your invitation, there are a few things that you can do.
- You could withdraw the LinkedIn invitation, which would cancel your connection request.
- Or send them a LinkedIn InMail if you still want to connect with them.
Ultimately, withdrawing your invitation or sending an InMail depends on your specific situation and goals.
Whatever you decide to do, it’s important to communicate in a respectful and professional manner.
How to View Pending Connections in the LinkedIn iPhone App
The LinkedIn iPhone app makes it easy to stay connected on the go.
You can connect with key organizations and search for new career opportunities in your industry everywhere you are.
The only difference with the desktop view is that:
- Text is organized logically, with important information first
- Sentences are short, direct, and easy to understand
- The language used is simple and familiar
And, of course, here is how you can view your list of pending connections and either accept or ignore their requests:
1. Open the LinkedIn app on your iPhone.
2. Tap “My Network” in the navigation bar at the bottom.
3. Choose “Invitations” to open the list of all your pending connections.
4. By default you’ll be directed to the “Received” tab, where you’ll see the list of people who have sent you an invitation.
4. To view the invitations you have sent to people to connect with them, tap the “Sent tab”.
This tab will only show recipients who have not responded to your invitations.
If you want to withdraw your invitation, tap the “Withdraw” tab on the far right.
How to View Pending Connections in the LinkedIn Android App
Once considered a complex social media network, LinkedIn has updated its mobile app with a simpler interface that makes it easier to keep track of updates.
- The “People You May Know” section offers suggestions based on mutual connections and work history, making it a valuable resource in your networking arsenal.
- With features like push notifications that let you know when you’ve received messages or when someone has viewed your profile.
This is one of the best professional apps on Android that will quickly help you stay organized while keeping up with your contacts.
Here’s how to see pending connections in your LinkedIn Android app:
1. Open your LinkedIn app.
2. Select the “My Network” icon at the bottom.
3. Tap “Invitations” to proceed to your pending connections.
4. Finally, by default, you can see the connection invites you’ve “Received”.
5. Then go to “Sent”, to review the invites you’ve sent yourself.
It helps you quickly identify users who haven’t responded to your invitations.
You can then withdraw the invitation or leave it like this, giving your potential connections more time to respond.
Connecting with new people on LinkedIn is a must if you want to get the most out of the platform.
It provides the latest industry news, job listings, career advice, and networking opportunities.
Now you know how to:
- Check your pending invitations on your desktop LinkedIn profile
- Access to your invitations page on your iPhone
- And proceed to the same invitation page, this time on your Android phone
So keep an eye on your pending connections to understand the value of your LinkedIn account and take the necessary steps to grow it.
DisclosureThis content was partly written by AI (ChatGPT 4), I added my own perspective, fact-checked it and made sure it is helpful for you.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?
Build email lists from
Export clean data and get verified emails in 1 click.