Can you use boolean search in Sales Navigator? Yes you can with the global keyword search and the current job title search.
In this tutorial, you’re going to learn how to use Linkedin Sales Navigator boolean search to find your prospects and reduce the number of unqualified leads in your search results.
Let’s see how to get the most of all sales navigator search filters.
How Do You Search For Keywords on LinkedIn Sales Navigator?
There are two places where you search for keywords on Linkedin Sales Navigator:
- The global keyword search
- The current job title search
1. The global keyword search
This global keyword search will look for the keyword into the whole profiles:
- About Section
- Job experiences
2. The current job title search
The Current job title search will only look for your keywords into the current job experiences of your prospects
That is to say all the experience with the “Present” tag
How To Use Linkedin Sales Navigator Boolean Search?
To use linkedin boolean search efficiently, you need to master all the different boolean queries:
- Search for expressions with quotes
- Search several keywords with AND
- Search at least one keyword with OR
- Exclude keywords with NOT
- Combine boolean queries with parentheses
1. Search for expressions with quotes
If you want to search for an exact phrase or terms that include:
- Several words
Enclose the phrase in quotation marks. You can use these in addition to other modifiers. For example:
- “sales manager”
- “account representative”
- “human resources manager”
If I forget to add the quotes to sales manager, Linkedin will understand “sales AND manager“
You see that there are some search results that are not relevant in the screenshot above.
However, if I add quotes around “sales manager” in sales navigator boolean search, the results get much better.
Now, you can see clearly the difference between adding and forgetting the quotes.
This really important if you want to build qualified lead lists and avoid to contact people outside your target.
2. Search several keywords with AND
If you want to search for profiles that include two terms, you can separate those terms with AND. However, you don’t have to use AND
- Sales AND Director
- Sales manager” AND “B2B”
If you enter two terms, the search engine will assume there is an AND between them.
3. Search at least one keyword with OR
If you want to broaden your search to find profiles that include one or more terms, you can separate those terms with OR.
OR is most often used to search for alternate spellings, or for terms that mean the same thing. For example:
- “Sales Operations” OR “Sales Ops”
- “Vice President” OR “vp” OR “V.P.” OR “SVP” OR “EVP”
4. Exclude keywords with NOT
If you want to exclude a particular term from your search, type that term with NOT before it.
Your search results will exclude any profile containing that term. For example:
- Director NOT Executive NOT VP NOT “Vice President
Let’s see a live example. Here I added the keyword “CEO” in the title filter
If I change it to CEO NOT Assistant, you can see that I exclude 1000 leads from the search.
I can do the same thing by adding another keyword and clicking on the exclusion button
Once you click, the button will appear in red and the exclusion will work exactly like if you had put a NOT boolean operator
5. Combine boolean queries with parentheses
If you want to do a complex search, you can combine terms and modifiers. For example:
- Marketing AND (B2B OR B2C)
This will look for profile containing Marketing AND B2B OR Marketing AND B2B.
How to Export Your Linkedin Sales Navigator Boolean Search?
Once your you completed your boolean search in linkedin sales navigator and you got your list of prospect, you can export the leads from Sales Navigator to a CSV with Evaboot.
Evaboot will also:
- Double check every profile to see if your boolean has correctly been applied by Linkedin.
- Clean the names: people love to add emojis or capital letter in their name. Evaboot clean the rubbish in the data so you can have clean names for your CRM and your cold outreach campaigns.
Combining Sales Navigator and Evaboot is a great combo to start getting with results with linkedin prospecting.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?