1. What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on your device when you visit a website. They help the website remember your preferences, such as language settings or login information. Cookies also help website owners analyze and improve website performance and functionality.
2. Types of cookies we use
On our website, we use two types of cookies:
a. Strictly necessary cookies: These are technical and functional cookies that are essential for the proper functioning of our website. They ensure the website loads quickly and displays correctly, and also enable you to navigate through the website and use its features. Our website is hosted via WordPress, which sets necessary cookies to manage your session and remember your preferences. There are no strictly necessary cookies
b. Non strictly necessary cookies, which enable us to use certain features. These cookies are third-party cookies, which means that they are provided by third-party providers for analytics, customer support, traffic analysis, SEO optimization, and video analytics purposes. These cookies help us understand how visitors interact with our website, optimize our online presence, and provide better support to our users. The third-party cookies we use are as follows:
- Google Analytics: This service measures website traffic and provides insights into user behavior, helping us improve the website. Google Analytics cookies have a lifespan of 2 years.
- Crisp: This customer support platform allows us to provide real-time assistance to our users. Crisp cookies have a lifespan of 9 months.
- Ahrefs: This traffic analysis and search engine optimization tool assists us in improving our website’s visibility and performance in search engines. Ahrefs cookies have a lifespan of 9 months.
- YouTube: We use YouTube to embed videos in our articles. YouTube cookies help us gather video analytics, such as view counts and user engagement. Youtube cookies have a lifespan of 2 years.
Please note that we do not use targeting or advertising cookies on our website.
3. Consent management
When you visit our website for the first time, you will be presented with a cookie consent banner. This banner allows you to accept or refuse the use of non-essential cookies. Your choice will be remembered for a period of 6 months. After this period, you will be asked to provide your consent again.
Please note that strictly necessary cookies cannot be refused, as they are essential for the proper functioning of our website.
If you wish to change your cookie preferences after providing your initial consent, you can do so by adjusting your browser settings as described in Section 4 of this policy.
4. Managing your cookie preferences
You can control and adjusting your browser settings. Most browsers allow you to block or delete cookies, but please note that disabling strictly necessary cookies may impact your browsing experience and the functionality of our website. For more information on how to manage and delete cookies in your browser, please refer to the following guides:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Microsoft Edge: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/delete-and-manage-cookies-168dab11-0753-043d-7c16-ede5947fc64d
- Apple Safari: https://support.apple.com/guide/safari/manage-cookies-and-website-data-sfri11471/mac
6. Contact us
Last updated: April 19th, 2023